Welcome to the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center
The Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is a centralized advising center staffed by professional advisors and records specialists who serve current and prospective BSBA majors, BA-Economics majors and other students taking business courses at Appalachian State University.
The center is located in 2126 Peacock Hall, which is just inside the Marshall A. Croom Student Services Center.
Students can visit the center for assistance with
- Academic planning
- Registration assistance
- Senior checks
Please review the COB Advising Handbook for further information.
(all dates subject to change)
September 5 - October 19
Last Day to Drop 1st Half Semester Course
October 12 - 13
Last Day to Drop Full Semester Course
November 1 - 14
November 22 - 24
Late Senior Checks
November 28 - 30
Last Day of Class
December 8 - 14
December 16 10:00 AM
Click HERE for a more comprehensive list of changes for the 2017-2018 catalog and previous catalogs.
New Courses - Fall 2017
- FIN 3990 (Financial Analysis using Computer Applications) - This course will be a required course in the F&B major and the RMI major under the 2017-2018 catalog. On previous catalogs, it can count as F&B Elective Set 2, RMI Major Elective or substitute for FIN 4660 in the F&B major core (for catalogs that require that course)
Selected Topics Business Courses - Fall 2017
- FIN 3549 (Entrepreneurial Finance) - counts F&B Elective Set 2 (any catalog) and as elective in Advanced Entrepreneurship minor or Entrepreneurial Studies minor and as a MGT-ENT major elective (catalogs prior to 2014-2015).
2016-2017 Course Number Changes
- CIS 4840 (Advanced Security) changed to CIS 3440 (Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures) - prereq: CIS 3840 - on demand
- MKT 3052 changed to MKT 3215 (Professional Selling) - F/S
- MKT 3210 changed to MKT 3285 (Retail Management) - on demand
- MKT 3230 (Business to Business Marketing) changed to MKT 3280 (Business to Business Buyer Behavior) - F/S
- MKT 4100 (Marketing Management) changed to MKT 4650 (Strategic Marketing Management) - F/S
- MKT 4610 changed to MKT 3270 (Consumer Behavior) - F/S
- POM 3650 changed to SCM 3650 (Production and Operations Management) - F/S
- BUS 3541 (Career Achievement) - prereq: 54 earned hours - counts as COB elective and free elective
- ECO 3530 (Game Theory) - prereq: 54 earned hours - counts as general ECO elective, COB elective and free elective
- FIN 3545 (Tycoons, Titans and Founders) - prereq: 54 hours, COB Honors - counts as F&B Elective Set 2, RMI major elective, COB Honors course, COB elective, free elective
- MKT 3530 (Digital Marketing) - prereq: MKT 3050 with min. grade C - counts as MKT major elective, COB elective, free elective
Selected Topics Business Courses - Spring 2017
- HOS 3532 (Craft Beverage and Tourism - prereq: HOS 2000 - counts as HOS major elective, HOS minor elective, COB elective, free elective