Inside the WCOB
Please see below for helpful links to resources housed WITHIN the Walker College of Business.
Our Center's Inclement Weather Policy
You can see the university's current operating conditions on AppState-ALERT.
Our center will operate normally and appointments will be held. Please monitor your appstate email for communication from your advisor for possible changes.
Condition 2 & Condition 3
For your safety and that of our staff, when the university is under Condition 2 or 3, the WCOB Advising Center will be closed. All appointments, in-person and virtual, will need to be rescheduled. You will be notified by email that your appointment is cancelled due to inclement weather.
Outside the WCOB
Please see below for links to resources found in other offices and centers on campus. These resources are OUTSIDE the Walker College of Business.
Students must meet the requirements in place in the catalog under which the student is graduating. For students who started a program in 2017 and later this information can be found in the online bulletin, a comprehensive resource for information on the college, including programs, departments and major and minor requirements.
Programs of Study
Final Grade Appeal
Visiting Coursework Request
Students may request to take courses away from Appalachian, but should request approval first. Please submit requests with enough time for approval to be given prior to registering for the course (2 to 3 weeks). Failure to request prior permission could result in course(s) not transferring back to Appalachian.
Courses at the 3000 level or above, must have written approval from the departmental chairperson before a request is submitted. Departmental approvals should be sent to Transfer Admissions and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a request:
1. Login to your Self-Service account on AppalNet
2. Click Student tab
3. Scroll to locate and select Visiting Coursework
Four Year Guides
Four year guides are recommended semester-by semester plan of study for a major and are meant as examples of how a degree can be completed in four years. Individual plans will be developed for each student in consultation with the academic advisor. Prior credit, course availability, and student needs must be considered in developing the individual plan.
Ordering a Transcript
Students can request an official or unofficial transcript from the Registrar's Office via Self-Service.
Official transcripts can be requested via Self-Service. Please follow these steps to submit a transcript request online:
1. Access your Student Self-Service account through AppalNet
2. Click on the 'Student' tab, then the 'Student Records' link
3. Click on the 'Official Transcript Request' link
4. On the National Student Clearinghouse site, scroll down and click on 'Order Transcripts'
5. Begin entering your Personal Information - your Banner ID or SSN is required. Then, continue to proceed through the steps to complete your order.
6. Read the information provided on the page carefully and follow the steps to request your official transcript.
Unofficial transcripts are also accessed via your Self-Service account. Go to AppalNet, and login to Self-Service:
1. Click on the Student tab, then Student Records
2. Click Unofficial Academic Transcript.