The Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is a centralized undergraduate advising center staffed by professional advisors and records specialists. Our center serves current and prospective BSBA majors, BA-Economics majors, and other students taking business courses at Appalachian State University.
Students can visit the center for assistance with:
- Academic planning
- Registration assistance
- Senior checks
Our purpose in the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is to enhance student success in reaching academic goals by clarifying:
- the mission, philosophy, and principles of the WCOB Advising Center
- the collaborative nature of the advising relationship
- the responsibilities placed on both student and advisor in the advising relationship
- the tasks that should be accomplished each year by both student and advisor
Please use the navigation menu on the top left side of the page to learn more about each of these areas.
It is important that students review this information frequently and pay special attention to their Student Responsibilities and the Academic Advising Timeline to stay on track for graduation.
- Mission, Philosophy and Principles
- Advising Goals and Learning Outcomes
- Student and Advisor Responsibilities
- Academic Advising Timeline