The Academic Advising Timeline details tasks that should be accomplished each year. While this timeline establishes the ideal situation, we understand that students come to us at various points in their academic careers and may progress differently through these tasks. Academic Advisors can help students customize this timeline to fit individual academic plans.
- Meet with an advisor to review academic progress.
- Utilize campus resources such as the Learning Assistance Program (LAP) and Career Services.
- Follow the WCOB Career Services timeline to complete associated tasks each year.
- Build a strong GPA
- Get involved with campus organizations, faculty and fellow students.
- Review your Degree Works audit and inform your advisor of any errors.
- Maintain regular appointments to meet with students for assistance with academic planning.
- Make referrals to other resources on campus as needed.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to students when requested.
- Maintain a record of all advising interactions.