The student will examine the value of and assume ownership of their education
- The student will articulate academic, professional and personal goals.
- The student will utilize resources available to develop and evaluate personal, professional and academic goals.
- The student will assess appropriateness of the selected academic program of study.
- The student will develop autonomy in making academic decisions while assuming responsibility for associated tasks.
The student will become self-directed in planning and accomplishing short and long-term academic goals
- The student will understand policies, procedures and requirements for completing the academic program.
- The student will learn to use tools for becoming independent planners.
- The student will explore and evaluate opportunities to maximize the college experience.
The student will continually assess progress and will revise strategy as needed towards the goal of achieving academic success.
- The student will meet with a WCOB advisor on a regular basis.
- The student will work with a WCOB advisor to identify and evaluate relevant resources for assessing progress and achieving goals.
- The student will work with a WCOB advisor to identify behaviors that impede success.
- The student will evaluate priorities and the impact of extracurricular activities or employment on meeting academic, career and personal goals.
- The student will work with a WCOB advisor to interpret the student's current situation and outline various options for continued success.