Online BSBA General Management
Upgrade your career by completing your undergraduate education with Appalachian State University's online Management (BSBA) program.
This online program is ideal for all busy, working adults who aspire to complete their undergraduate degrees on their own schedule.
App State Onlilne: Keep your life... Change your future.
To be eligible to enter the BSBA Management App State Online Program, students must have completed all course requirements for admission to the Walker College of Business (with the exception of BUS 2001), ASU's General Education Program (or equivalent) and, beginning Spring 2020, a minimum of 70 credits.
Fall Semester Entry
- April 1st (priority consideration)
- July 1st (considered if space is available)
Spring Semester Entry
- September 1 (priority consideration)
- October 1 (considered if space is available)
As a transfer student considering the BSBA Management through the App State Online program, it is important that you are aware of the structure of the program and the standards and policies in the Walker College of Business (WCOB) that can affect progress in the program. Please consider carefully the following information.
Required courses are not offered every semester. It is very important that App State Online students work with the business advisor at the beginning of the program to develop a long term plan based on course offerings. While the plan can be changed, there is no guarantee that students can find the courses they want or need to take in a given term if they change the plan.
Students who enter a BSBA Management cohort through the App State Online program are held to the same standards and policies as all ASU students. To maintain accreditation, WCOB standards and policies are applied consistently to all business students across all program locations.
Requirements to Enter Program
To be eligible for admission to the App State Online BSBA in Management program, students entering ASU in fall 2019 or later must complete the following requirements (NC Community College course numbers are in parentheses):
- Completion of all General Education requirements (Completion of an Associates in Art or Associate in Science will ensure the General Education requirement is completed)
- RC 1000 with a minimum grade of “C” (ENG 111)
- RC 2001 with a minimum grade of “C” (ENG 112 or ENG 114)
- *A minimum grade of C- (based on the last grade earned in each course, regardless of where it was taken) in the following courses:
- ACC 2100 and ACC 2110 (ACC 120 and ACC 121)
- CIS 1060 (CIS 110)
- ECO 2030 and ECO 2040 (ECO 251 and ECO 252)
- ECO 2100 or STT 2810 or STT 2820 (MAT 151, MAT 152, MAT 155 or BUS 228)
- LAW 2150 (BUS 115)
- MAT 1030, 1035, or 1110 (MAT 263 or MAT 271)
- 70 earned hours
*While a minimum grade of C- is required in MAT 1030/1035/1110, CIS 1060, ACC 2100, ACC 2110, ECO 2030, ECO 2040, ECO 2100/STT 2810/STT 2820 and LAW 2150, courses will not transfer to ASU with grades below C.
NOTE: Students must be admitted to the Walker College of Business in order to remain in the App State Online program. Please see the Program of Study for the appropriate catalog/bulletin year for WCOB admission requirements. Students who are not admitted to the WCOB in a timely manner will not be eligible to continue taking 3000/4000 level business courses. This is the five-count limit.