Online BSBA General Management
Upgrade your career by completing your undergraduate education with Appalachian State University's online Management (BSBA) program.
This online program is ideal for all busy, working adults who aspire to complete their undergraduate degrees on their own schedule.
App State Onlilne: Keep your life... Change your future.
To be eligible to enter the BSBA Management App State Online Program, students must have completed all course requirements for admission to the Walker College of Business, with the exception of BUS 2000, ASU's General Education Program (or equivalent) and, beginning Fall 2019, a minimum of 68 credits.
Fall Semester Entry
- April 1st (priority consideration)
- July 1st (considered if space is available)
Spring Semester Entry
- September 1 (priority consideration)
- October 1 (considered if space is available)
As a transfer student considering the BSBA Management through the App State Online program, it is important that you are aware of the structure of the program and the standards and policies in the Walker College of Business (WCOB) that can affect progress in the program. Please consider carefully the following information.
Required courses are not offered every semester. It is very important that App State Online students work with the business advisor at the beginning of the program to develop a long term plan based on course offerings. While the plan can be changed, there is no guarantee that students can find the courses they want or need to take in a given term if they change the plan.
Students who enter a BSBA Management cohort through the App State Online program are held to the same standards and policies as all ASU students. To maintain accreditation, WCOB standards and policies are applied consistently to all business students across all program locations.
To be admitted to the WCOB, students must complete the following requirements (NC Community College course numbers are in parentheses):
- RC 1000 with a minimum grade of “C” (ENG 111)
- RC 2001 with a minimum grade of “C” (ENG 112 or ENG 114)
- *MAT 1030, 1035, or 1110 with a minimum grade of C- (MAT 263 or MAT 271)
- *A passing score on the Basic Computer Skills Proficiency test at ASU or credit for CIS 1026 with a minimum grade of C- (CIS 110)
- *A minimum GPA of 2.0 and a minimum grade of C- (based on the last grade earned in each course, regardless of where it was taken) in the following courses:
- ACC 2100 and ACC 2110 (ACC 120 and ACC 121)
- ECO 2030 and ECO 2040 (ECO 251 and ECO 252)
- ECO 2100 or STT 2810 or STT 2820 (MAT 151, MAT 152, MAT 155 or BUS 228)
- LAW 2150 (BUS 115)
- 60 earned hours
- BUS 2000 (zero credits) with a grade of "S" (satisfactory) - usually taken as part of the online program
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 AT APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY based on a minimum of 12 hours graded A-F - usually earned in the first or second semester of the online program
- No outstanding grades of incomplete (“I”)
*While a minimum grade of C- is required in MAT 1030/1035/1110, CIS 1026, ACC 2100, ACC 2110, ECO 2030, ECO 2040, ECO 2100/STT 2810 and LAW 2150, courses will not transfer to ASU with grades below C).
NOTE: WCOB Admission requirements listed in numbers 1-5 above, a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a minimum of 68 earned hours must be completed prior to entering the App State Online BSBA Management cohort. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required to be officially admitted to the College of Business.