Restrictions on Business Courses at the 3000 Level or Above
Unrestricted enrollment in business courses at the 3000 level or above is limited to business majors* admitted to the Walker College of Business through the BSBA program.
Limit of FIVE (5) 3000/4000 level business courses: Students not admitted to the Walker College of Business through the BSBA program may take a maximum of five business courses at the 3000 level or above (including graduate level courses - *unless more are required by a non-business major, a concentration, or a declared business minor). Economics courses are not included in this limit of five.
BSBA business majors are encouraged to complete all admission requirements by the beginning of the junior year. Students who are not admitted to the College of Business through the BSBA program will not be allowed to early register for more than five business courses at the 3000 level or above, even if they anticipate that they will be admitted to the Walker College of Business by the beginning of the next semester.
Prerequisites for 3000 level and 4000 level business courses, in addition to course specific prerequisites, are as follows:
- 45 earned hours for FIN 3100, FIN 3680 and SCM 3650
- 45 earned hours for MKT 3050 if MKT major and with permission of chair
- 45 earned hours for MGT 3630 if MGT major and with permission of chair
- 54 earned hours for all other 3000 level College of Business courses
- 84 earned hours and a minimum grade of "C" in a WID (Writing in the Discipline) course for 4000 level business courses (courses dual-listed with graduate level courses require 90 earned hours),
*Non-business majors who must have more than five business courses at the 3000 level or above because of a major requirement or because of a declared business minor must get assistance in registering from the College of Business Undergraduate Advising Office. PLEASE NOTE: NON BUSINESS MAJORS CAN DECLARE NO MORE THAN ONE BUSINESS MINOR.