Admission to Walker College of Business
Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BA)
BA-Economics majors will be admitted upon officially declaring a major. This admission status indicates that the student is admitted to his/her degree-granting college; it does not give the students access to unlimited business courses.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
(the following information applies only to BSBA students)
BSBA business majors must meet specific requirements to be admitted to the College of Business. There are restrictions on the number and types of business courses students who are not yet officially admitted to the College of Business can take. These include:
- any business courses at the 1000 and 2000 level,
- Only five business courses at the 3000-level or above (including graduate courses).
To Establish Computer Profiency for COB Admission
- Students should take the computer proficiency test as soon as possible (first or second semester at ASU)
- Students who do not pass this test after two attempts must earn a minimum grade of C- in CIS 1026
- You are not required to to take the test if you prefer to take CIS 1026
- For the test information and registration go to the Computer Proficiencey Test page.
Transfer students who enter ASU having met all course requirements and earned hours for admission to the College of Business must establish a GPA of 2.5 based on a minimum of 12 graded hours at ASU before being admitted to the College of Business. While working on establishing the required GPA, these students can take up to five business courses at the 3000-level or above. In addition, students can take any 1000/2000 level business courses and either BE 3340 or ENG 3100.
- There is no application process for admission to the College of Business.
- All students who meet the requirements for admission will be automatically admitted.
- Official admission does not happen until all grades and requirements are officially processed by the Registrar's Office.
- If a student is not automatically admitted via computer, please contact the COB Advising Office for assistance with admission.
- Students must have officially declared a business major in order to be admitted to the College of Business.
Students must meet the requirements in place in the catalog under which the student is graduating.
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2016 - Summer 2017 catalog [PDF]
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 catalog [PDF]
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2014 - Summer 2015 catalog [PDF]
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2012 - Summer 2014 catalog [PDF]
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2009 - Summer 2012 catalog [PDF]
- BSBA admission requirements for students using a Fall 2004 - Summer 2009 catalog [PDF]